Tuesday, November 26, 2013

it IS about me!!

So many times we are told that it is not about me, yet when you listen to the way that we preach or teach it, we actually are saying it IS! Think about it and you will realize that what I am saying is true.

The Old Testament Law tells us that we are to love our neighbor AS ourselves. Jesus even repeats this when He makes the statement about the two greatest commandments. The Beatitudes tell us that we are supposed to treat others the same way that we are expecting to be treated.

Philippians 2:12 says that I need to work out my own salvation. How can I work out my own salvation if it is not about me?

The song from so long ago and many messages that I have preached and have heard preached say that if I was the only person in the world, then God still would have sent Jesus to the cross… for ME!

Hebrews 4:16 tells us that we need to come boldly with confidence to the throne of grace that we may find mercy and grace to help in the time of need. How am I supposed to come boldly and with confidence to God’s Throne if I believe that it is not about me?

Christ died for ME! He is MY Salvation! He is MY Healer! He is MY Provider! God calls me His child, the joint-heir with Christ! If I am a joint-heir WITH Christ, shouldn’t I be able to come to His throne like Christ did?

Christ also tells us that we need to freely give what we have been given. If I don’t accept anything from Christ, how can I rightly give it away?

How does this work, if it is not about me?

Now to clarify, it is not ONLY about me. My focus is not only on me. It is about all of us. But that also includes me. 

If we all truly live the life we are supposed to live, thinking of each other the way we are supposed to, then we would all be equal and it would all be about us and not all about you or all about me.

Just a thought … in a Field of Roses


No comments:

Post a Comment